1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont raiseup

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by falcons63, Jan 16, 2012.

1. falcons63

falcons63 Junior Member

I have a 2000 yr 7'6" super duty mounted on my 2008 F-350 SD. This morning Pulled the truck out of the garage the plow worked fine , went to put back in garage tonight plow will not lift up. Checked the plug in it had a good connection,plenty of dielectric grease on it ,plug was dry,all connections at solenoid were tight, just had this plow installed last month,still have not pushed any snow here in INDY. Got ant Ideas ? It has been raining of and on all day today
  2. wild bill

wild bill PlowSite.com Addict

no power

i would check the red black power plug to see if it has closed up were it is slotted in the middle of the pin ,it might not be making contact good .
    if sou then take a thin bladed screw driver and spread both red and black pins carefully .:salute:
  3. Titan Landscape

Titan Landscape Junior Member

Yep. I had to bend the connector over and zip tie it. I will try opening those pins. Most likely the power plug.
  4. falcons63

falcons63 Junior Member

Thanks Guys that took care of the problem,I probally just had a senior moment standing in the rain a it was dark also,hell Iam retired I should be sitting in my recliner chair napping instade of trying to ack like ayoung gun.
  5. oneoldsap

oneoldsap Senior Member

Negatory there Falcon63 , keep your butt moving , you'll last longer ! Boredom is one of the leading killers of fogeys like us !