1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont raise

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jjfinn, Nov 19, 2008.

1. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

I have a meyer C-8 with a E-60 pump. I can't get the plow to raise. What is causing this? Bad battery? solenoid? The solenoid clicks under the hood. Is there anyway to force it to raise? Any help or suggestions are GREATLY appreciated.

2. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

im assuming that the motor is not runing when you hit the switch. I would try running jumper cables or something directly to the motor to see if the motor will run.. does it angle?

3. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

The motor is new. But I hooked a test light to it and its not getting any power. So if I take the jumper cables can I jump it?

4. jjfinn

jjfinn Member

Alright I jumped it off the battery, at first it angled right then left then finally went up. Is that what its supposed to do? It also burned the positive battery cable. I am out of ideas any suggestions?

5. dirtmandan2

well what thats telling you is that the motor works... but not getting anything through the relay, if it were mine i'd put a new relay on it, 10$ at any parts store. I think thats your problem...

6. THEGOLDPRO

THEGOLDPRO PlowSite Veteran

problem is its a meyer.

7. dirtmandan2

you dont need to clamp the jumper to the motor, just bump it on there to see if the motor runs, guess I should have said that earlier...