1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow won't raise

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by amscapes03, Nov 15, 2006.

1. amscapes03

amscapes03 Member

before i started ripping things apart i figured i'd ask you guys, and get some feed back. i have a 3 year old minute mount 2 plow. fluid is clean and topped off. blade moves right to left fine. when i attempt to raise the blade it comes up about 2 to 3 inches and then struggles and quits at about 3 to 4 inches off the ground. HELP!!!

2. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Let's start with the easy stuff first. Is you chain adjusted properly? Do anything different to the plow? Any recent work done on it?

3. mrbrickman

mrbrickman Senior Member
    from montana

id say a weak coil, the fluid is trying to go into the ram but cant make it past the valve which isnt opening all the way, check your connections and try swapping a coil if you have one handy which you should always have a spare anyhow.....

could also be someone adjusted your crossover valve, its supposed to be pretty much equal but if not then

a the plow will raise like it weights a million pounds or wont raise at all...and the thing angles super fast

or b the plow wont have any power when angleing (wont angle unless its lifted off the ground) yet the up and down works fine

check the manual for your location of the valve, of couse do what the other guy said first, make sure your chain is 2 or 3 links loose when the plows down and that there isnt an obsticle in your undercarriage that keeps the plow from going up past a certain point...