1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont raise

Discussion in 'SnowDogg Snow Plows' started by jdknight75, Nov 28, 2011.

1. jdknight75

jdknight75 Senior Member

i havea snow dogg v. it will angle both ways and go to v position but i cant get it to raise. when i push the up button i can hear the motor working. any help would be appreciated.

2. djagusch

djagusch 2000 Club Member
    from mn

Check the fluid lever for starters. I don't know the coil off hand but the cover of the pump has the coil info I believe. Make sure the the correct coil is getting power. Also the owners manual should have the coil info. If it is getting pwr then the valve might need replacing.

Is this a new plow?

3. CornerStoneProp

CornerStoneProp Senior Member

Check that the kick stand is locked down. It will not raise with the kickstand up!

4. plowguy43

plowguy43 PlowSite Fanatic

Is there a pressure adjustment on these plows? I know on the Fisher's you can adjust the pressure so that you can get more lifting power.

5. snowcrazy

snowcrazy Senior Member
    from ohio

x2 on this. I had the same thing happen to me when I picked up my plow and installed it myself. I had the jack still on the plow and it holds the kickstand locked in so that the plow is trying to raise but the leg is keeping it from coming up. I felt so stupid calling snowdogg and this is what it was. :rolleyes: