1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by DJs Lawncare, Apr 21, 2006.

1. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I have a Fisher 7'6" straight blade. The lift cylinder had started leaking right at the end of winter. I just got around to replacing it. The problem is now the plow won't even move. I got it to go right , but it won't go left or up. I don't know if it will go down since I can't get it to go up. I don't understand how replacing the lift cylinder would make everything not work. The motor runs but it kind of whines.

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Check the fluid levels.

3. DJs Lawncare

DJs Lawncare Member

I added a little bit. It didn't seem to help.

4. smitty

smitty Junior Member

My Fisher did the same thing and it was broken wires from the controler to the selinods

5. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Try the grille plugs. They are known for rotting off with-in the plug it'self. Look at the plow end and see if there are 9 pins. try wiggling the plugs while someone else holds the control to raise, and see if you get any contact.

6. justme-

justme- 2000 Club Member

possiblyt air in the lines.... work it back and forth (l to r) manually if needed and check the fluid level again after.

Could be wiring- valve not opening but motor pumping. Have someone hold the stick in the left position and try pushing the blade by hand. If it won;t budge the valve is closed.