1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont move

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Mackinaw Bill, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Mackinaw Bill

Mackinaw Bill Junior Member

Hi all...we had our first big snow..all was fine...then the plow stop moving....fluid is fine(it was low)all I get is a clicking noise...did I kill it ?

2. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

have you checked all the electric connections low fluid will not kill the motor. wont angle or up/down or both check ground wire for corrsion. use volt meter at hot wire on motor make sure you have 12 volts.

3. Mackinaw Bill

thanks...

I will get out there with a test light....just one more thing....the (+) post on the pump..it moves...the nut for the (+) cable is tight but the post moves,could I need a new motor?

4. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Bingo, I'm willing to bet a lb. of Mackinac Island fudge that that is your problem. It would be nice if you can find a service that rebuilds them around you.

5. Mackinaw Bill

One lb of fudge is on the way!...A new motor 100$ and a relay17$ and its all done....just in time....the snow is falling again!
    thank you all and Merry Christmass!!