1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont move

Discussion in 'SNO-PRO PLOW AND ACCESSORIES by Curtis' started by EscapedGnat, Feb 14, 2014.

1. EscapedGnat

EscapedGnat Junior Member
    from Indiana

I just bought a used Curtis snow pro 3000...hooked it up...motor comes on but plow don't move....had old single plug harness....I bought a brand new dual plug harness...still the same thing...plow wont move....took lines off...no hydraulic pressure...took manifold off...turned pump on...the pump is pumping but it didn't seem to have the pressure I would think it should have...it just poured out....didnt squirt out with any real pressure behind it....shouldn't it squirt out real far? I took reservoir off..filter is clean but it appears to be colapsed about half way...Needless to say I've took a valve coil off... it magnetized....took all valve coils off...took a valves off....didn't see any blockage...the plow is angled right...so I took it out and bump it against a concrete block slightly as I angled left on joy stick....nothing! Just wondering if that pump should have more pressure...manual say hook a pressure guage to line and it should have about 3000psi....if that's the case shouldn't it have squirted out farther then it did....or does it get its pressure from the manifold? The plow has been painted...new springs...new lift cylinder...new cutting edge. Someone puts some money in this thing for it not to work...I bought it second hand so I never seen it work. Just figured someone put that much money into it...surely it will work. Any suggestions will be helpful thanks...and if anyone lives near Greenfield, IN more then welcome to come by

Last edited: Feb 14, 2014
  2. EscapedGnat

EscapedGnat Junior Member
    from Indiana

it was a bad float valve.....thanks for the help

3. Capt. Fred

Capt. Fred Member

you will be generaly speaking happy with the plow, i have 3 curtis plows, actually 2 now sold one a few years back but other than a bit of water or getting in through the fluid tanks they have been nothing but reliable for me, i just change out the fluid when it gets a bit milky and roll on and man i have punished these things trust me, have had them since 2001 and they owe me nothing