1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont move

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by planetlc, Feb 4, 2013.

1. planetlc

planetlc Junior Member

I tried to search but it won't work on my phone... I have a hiniker 8.5 straight blade that won't angle or raise. Need suggestions on how to fix it, stuck in one of my lots currently. I checked all connections and plugs, and they all seem fine. Fluids are good to, when I try to move it, I can hear that it is attempting to do something. Help!

2. CashinH&P

CashinH&P Senior Member

I'm not familiar with hiniker but my fisher did the same thing and it ended up needing a new motor.

3. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Can you hear motor running or just a clicking noise?

4. planetlc

planetlc Junior Member

It's only a year old do I hope that's not it.. thanks for the quick response.

5. planetlc

planetlc Junior Member

I can hear it running, though it sounds higher pitched then normal

6. ndnchief

ndnchief Member

I had a western that did that and it ended up being the filter was clogged in the pump, made the motor whine because it was not pumping fluid, just had to pull filter out and clean it and it worked well again