1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont move. Motor is working

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by Boomdog, Jan 18, 2010.

1. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

First things first.. It is a MM1 Insta-act light duty fisher plow. All seasen it has been finicky working most of the time but occasionally not wanting to work or being hesitant. Now it wont work at all. Whichever way i move the controller the motor makes the sound of wanting to work, but with no movement. I thought it must have been low on fluid, but I just opened fill plug and it looks to be full. I did notice that the breather valve(i think) on the other side of the pump was a litle loose from being bumped by the damn jack when I left it down and drove down the driveway. I tightened that and hooked the plow back up but its still doing the same thing.... Any ideas????? Thank you
  2. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

bad connection in a grill connector would be my first guess. second would be loose connection at motor or battery.
  3. plowinginma

plowinginma Senior Member
    from MA

2 plug or 3... if you have absolutley no function on the plow.. L/R/U/D the one thing in common with those is the ground wire... plow side.. You could run a jumper from the coils.. to ground on the plow motor..
  4. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

ok, so i checked all connections and cleaned the grill connections best I could and re greased with di-electric. I can get the plow to come up about 3-4 inches if i fool with the controller long enough. I am getting a little bit of a fluid leak, looks to be through the breather valve. Any other ideas?
  5. Boomdog

Boomdog Junior Member

oh yeah sorry it is a 3 plug