1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont move at all.

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by HULK2184, Jan 23, 2014.

1. HULK2184

HULK2184 Member

Just finished some clean up, and the wing wouldnt move out. Didnt mess with it because i figured i had a big problem. so i brought it to the house messed with the wings and nothing moves and the dropped the blade and now it wont lift. I didnt get much time to mess with it but i can hear the solenoid click(when i went to disconnect the plow but it didnt unmount so had to do it manually). The grill connections look good clean and electrical greased. Is there a way to test the motor it self? Not sure what to do or where to go from here(with under 30 untill winter storm) Also i did notice that after the plow was unmounted from the truck the tower was REALLY easy to move to up position by hand and fell back down quickly. I did check fluids and they are low, will have to get fluid in the am not sure if that matters.

Note: Lights and Blinkers still work
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  2. J&JProperty

J&JProperty Member

Have somebody hold the up or wing button on the controller and jump the soleniod with a screwdriver, if the motor runs its a bad solenoid. If the motor doesn't run then is either a connection problem or bad motor. Check the power cables(red/black) to make sure they are tight and you have a good ground on the truck and plow motor. I just went through this with my plow, wound up being the plow side power cable went bad.
    Last edited: Jan 23, 2014
  3. Midwest BuildIt Inc

Midwest BuildIt Inc PlowSite.com Addict

i would say check the ground behind the plastic cover, the one on the motor itself.