1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont move at all

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by chevyzrule810, Feb 2, 2011.

1. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

I have a friend who has a plow that won't move in any direction.You can hear the motor running but no movement.Any help would be appreciated

2. dmen

dmen Junior Member
    from maine

join the club, check the solenoid connections, that was the problem the first time my plow wouldn't move, this time not the case.

3. ElberyLandscape

ElberyLandscape Junior Member
    from MA

4. brad96z28

brad96z28 PlowSite.com Addict

The pick up tube inside res. On early insta act pumps have a tendency to fall off. Causing the motor to run but no movement from the plow. I would just make sure the solenoids click when u use the joystick and if the do I would look there.

5. chevyzrule810

its a 97 2500 with a minute mount 1 with the big pump on it

6. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

Yeah you froze up. Water get its in pump. Open the fill cap on top and stick a screw driver in it. If its a light pink and milky you are frozen.

7. chevyzrule810

this truck has been sitting outside with the plow on the safety chain since october because the plow won't do anything.

8. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

My friend you are in MA 2 weeks ago we were in the negatives, MM1 are famous for freezing. if the motors whines and it doesnt move its frozen more than likely. take off the plug and slide in screw driver and see if its pink and milky and slushy. Then its all over this Fisher site on how to fix it.

9. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

wait so it hasnt done anything since oct? Get a hammer and whack the motor on top to see if it free's up

10. MrPLow2011

MrPLow2011 Senior Member
    from Boston

oh and if that doesnt work get a bigger hammer

11. chevyzrule810

nope its been sitting in a barn since oct and he is getting rid of the truck and wants to get the plow working

12. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If it's not froze up (unlikely back in Oct) then the ground lead wire for the coils is broken on the plow side. Will be a black/orange wire.