1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow won't lower

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by toddon22, Jan 30, 2010.

1. toddon22

toddon22 Member

i have a 7.5 meyer with an e-57 pump. i just put it on this evening and lifted it up and drove home, and i went to lower it down and it won't lower. it angles a little to the left and right but it won't lower. i really need to fix this anyone can help?

2. ta3834bbl

ta3834bbl Senior Member

Go the the Meyer web site and they have a great diagnostic flow chart that will explain what to check. Try this in the mean time; put it in the float position (down) and see if a screwdriver will stick the the a-coil. If it does you have power to the coil and a good coil. You may have a bad valve. If there isn't any magnetic 'stick' between the coil and screwdriver you have a bad coil or problem in the wiring. Check out the Meyer web site, it is a better explanation.

3. toddon22

toddon22 Member

thanks i figured it out. very low fluid level, filled it up with the blue fluid and it works fine now thanks

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

A low fluid level won't prevent it from lowering, you have another issue. Likely ice in the fluid or a problem with the A coil/valve or it's related wiring.

5. toddon22

toddon22 Member

i don't think it was my coil or anything because this morning after i put the fluid in it still did not lower. a few hours later at around noon time i tried it again and it worked fine. im thinking like you said b&b water got in there and froze the line up and then it thawed when it was sitting in the sun. you still think it could be my coil?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Sure it could still be an A coil issue but water is just as likely which is why further diagnosis is necessary. The next time it won't lower simply leave it in float and check the A coil for magnetism. If it has it then that rules out any wiring/connection/controller or coil issues, so the only things left would be a bad A valve or it's froze up.

Just be sure to keep your feet away from the blade while doing any testing with it in the air. :nono:

7. toddon22

toddon22 Member

thanks a lot i will try that next time