1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't lift

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 515CUSTOMS, Dec 27, 2009.

1. 515CUSTOMS

515CUSTOMS Junior Member

I stopped at home to load up my snow blower put the blade down didnt even turn the truck off got back in to leave and it wont lift anymore. The motor runs and works left and right. just won't go up. The fluid is full, the power/ground, the wiring looks good. I did take off the coils off the front of the valve assy the white and orange wires and switch the coils around and no luck.

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Assuming this is an RT2 or 3...

Check the coil with the white wires from magnetism while the raise button is pressed. If it has it, then remove the valve with the orange wires to see if it's stuck open, which will prevent it from raising.

May just need the bumper connector cleaned. Doing so fixes 90% of electrical issue on a Boss.

3. 515CUSTOMS

515CUSTOMS Junior Member

[​IMG]
    how do i get the pins out of the connector

4. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

I see why it wouldn't lift. :D

It takes a pin extraction tool to remove it without destroying it. A better and longer life solution is to cut the plug off and replace it completely with a new one as I suspect the other wires aren't too far from breaking off as well.

You can get the housing and connectors as a kit from any local Radio Shack. Cost is less than $3.