1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont lift

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by hangnail, Jan 6, 2008.

1. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

I just bought a 97 f350 with a 8ft fisher plow. it has the fixed head unit, and i do not know anything esle about the plow....model number, year ect ( how do i find that info)

anyways the guy i bought it from hadnt used the plow since last year, and when he went to hook up the plow for me when i went to pick it up, he seems to only be able to angle it. you can hear the pump trying to lift it, but it wont. even without the plow attached it will not raise the ram.

the selenoids seems to be working, and he changed the fluid already. and he cleaned as many ports and journals as he could. everything seems to be in working order

anyone have any ideas?
  2. BoulderBronco

BoulderBronco Senior Member

Test the PSI output of the pump. It doesn't take much pressure to angle it as there is not much friction. But lifting it requires at least 1000psi.
  3. streetfrog

streetfrog Senior Member

The ram might be stuck. Use a Big prybar and lift the ram/lift arm just a lil bit then should work fine.
  4. hangnail

hangnail Junior Member

has anyone taken the pump apart? also is there any place on line to get parts?