1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont go up

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by kevs75, Nov 21, 2005.

1. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

I have an older western setup and the plow wont lift. When I move the T handle up you hear the motor running and the truck will squat like its about to raise the blade up but it wont. I adjusted the check valve and no luck. Any ideas would be appreciated. Thanks, Kevin

2. Arc Burn

Arc Burn PlowSite.com Addict

Fluid,cable adjustment or pump pressure relief valve,any one of them will get ya.

3. 78W200

78W200 Member

Does it angle left and right?

4. Joe Langton

Joe Langton Junior Member

Have you also checked the filter screen in the pump. That got me once in the middle of a storm.,

5. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

The blade will angle left and right but wont go up. If the blade isnt hooked up it will go up no problem. The fluid is full, how do you adjust the cables and where is the filter located. Thanks, Kevin

6. max

max Junior Member

7. kevs75

kevs75 Junior Member

I got it to work today. The cable was not adjusted right, works great now. Thanks for everybodys help, Kevin.