1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont go up

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by flyguyirvin65, Jan 12, 2016.

1. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

I have fisher MM2 v plow. 10 pin controller. The pump goes but nothing moves. I cleaned every ground I could find, cleaned the connections. Can anyone point me in right direction. Thanks

2. mjs91085

mjs91085 Junior Member

So the title says the plow won't go up but nothing moves? Does it angle left or right?

3. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

right wing moved slightly than nothing. Fluid was changed few weeks ago, I just flushed it did not clean screen. Manual said clogged screen could cause this. I will ck that

4. chevyzrule810

chevyzrule810 PlowSite.com Addict

Yes check to see if the screen is clogged.Did you clean the magnet and replace the filter?

5. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

no I just drained fluid out of res and cyl and refilled fluid looked good so I didnt break it down

6. chevyzrule810

I always replace the filter and clean the magnet but that's me and I have all straight blades.So the plow won't do anything at all? Not even angle?

7. BBP

BBP Junior Member

Check connections at battery

8. chevyzrule810

Why would he check the connections at the battery?The pump runs but nothing is happening.If he wasn't getting power the pump wouldnt run.

9. chevyzrule810

Did the plow act up before you changed the fluid?

10. First Responder

First Responder Senior Member
    from 48015

Make sure your plow kick stands are fully up too!

11. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

all connections were cleaned after problem. I plowed once after fluid change. Everything worked great than. now went 2 hookup and wont go up

12. Philbilly2

Philbilly2 2000 Club Member

I know it sounds crazy, but just to rule it out, can you check your fluid level again just to make sure it is not that simple. You have the symptoms of low fluid threw valves.

Only other easy thing that it could be that I can say I have an issue on one of my trucks from time to time is the plug on the front not getting good connection. The pump is being triggered to run, but not popping the valves to direct the fluid. Have some one hold a button at try wiggling the pin plug. Watch yourself as the plow might jump or move on you.

After that, we are going into valves not shifting due to other reasons.

Last edited: Jan 15, 2016
  13. Philbilly2

Also, fluid pickup tube with filter on end might not be in fluid - broke or fell off?

14. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

I double checked fliud its full I will try the plugs tonight. Im hoping its a clogged screen I will pull it apart tom if its not plugs

15. First Responder

from 48015

Is the plow in or outside? What's the temp where it is stored at?

16. First Responder

from 48015

The only reason y I ask, is because when I topped of the fluid, plow ran fine, then I took it off the truck for a front end repair and whet to reattach the plow to the truck, pump worked, but wouldn't raise or angle. Must have gotten some water in the system, which froze. Had to sit there with a heat gun, to get it to melt. Plow works great! You can always add a little bit of "HEET" to get rid of the water!!!

17. Philbilly2

Sorry, I keep thinking of more things to check and I am not on on the weekend so I am trying to get them all to you before I clock out.

Also check your ground wire that carries the ground from the solenoid coils at the 6 valves to the ground on the motor of the plow. If you have an ohm meter or even a test light it is a quick test.

The way nothing is moving leads to something electrical stopping valves from operating.

A plugged filter will typically cause initially jumping of the functions (L,R,U, Wings) at least... typically. Not always... but typically. Don't rule it out until you have inspected it for sure, but I think this is electrical stopping movement at the valves. IMHO.

18. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

thanks for your help I wil let you know what I find

19. BBP

BBP Junior Member

Yes I agree, how ever get a multimeter and make sure you are getting 12 volts all the time when functioning. I have had this problem. My plow would only slew left and right. After a day of testing electrical connections/ grounds and I found that the terminals on my battery were bad. I tried another battery and no more issues

20. flyguyirvin65

flyguyirvin65 Member

I disassemble pump, cleaned reservoir, magnet had a little crap on it and screens looked fine. I tested all the solenoids they were fine. I spent most of the day using Fishers trouble shooting guide. Checked controller, wiring harness, everything they said to check. Finally found power wire from plow side plug to the solenoids is broke. Checked price to replace that part of harness, Zequep wants $122. With the winter we are having I will run a new hot wire myself and call it a day. Philbill2 thanks for your imput