1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't go up, left, or right. Why? (includes pics)

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Plow Dude, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

All I here is clicking from the relay inside the hood, but the plow will not move. All the conections are tight. Do I need a new relay?

100_0710.jpg

100_0711.jpg

2. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

jump the relay. if it goes up, the relay is bad. if it don't go up, you have a wiring problem like a bad ground, bad relay to motor feed, or bad motor. my money is on a bad wire.

3. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Take all the connectors off of your solenoid. Label each one first. Get a wire brush and clean all the connectors off. Make sure you have a good connection and that the fire wall is cleaned also. If that doesn't work make a jumper wire and touch it from the postive side of the solenoid to the motor and see what happens. If it moves up the replace the solenoid.

4. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Turns out it had a bad pump motor

5. sefh

sefh Senior Member

I would still clean those connections off. I see they are turning green which will turn into corrosion soon.

6. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Sounds good. I will clean them. Thanks!

7. festerw

festerw Senior Member

and get some Fluid Film to spray everything down, cus holy crap that's a terrible looking solenoid.

8. sefh

sefh Senior Member

Or go get another solenoid.. They are pretty cheap and use your old one as a back up.

9. Plow Dude

Plow Dude Senior Member

Here are pics of the new motor and everything covered with corrosion protection. New motor was about $160

100_0712.jpg

100_0713.jpg

100_0714.jpg

10. StoneDevil

StoneDevil Senior Member

i would of used FF , kinda looks like you cut your hands and covered it all in blood

11. Bostonyj7

Bostonyj7 Senior Member

I was going to say the can exploded everywhere.

C-