1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't go up,down, or either way now.

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by DuramaxPowered, Nov 27, 2008.

1. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I have 2 plows actually. A pro and a pro plus. Got them out today to get ready and the pro plus worked fine. Then i got the pro plow out and the first attempt it would not raise. I tightened and wiggled the plugs and then it worked fine. Drove it home and it sat in the raised position for a hour in driveway. I then put it in my shop to work on it. I let it down and now it won't raise or angle. It clicks at the solonoid and i can hear a light click at the plow pump. The lights work fine. I thought the solonoid was bad and put my new one on it and it does the same thing. I wiggled the connections aand checked the 2 fuses by the isolation module. I tried hooking up to my other plow and that won't work now either. So i know it is on the truck side someplace. Does anybody have suggestions? Thanks alot!

2. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Check your PM's DP. :waving:

3. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

I received it and i will be intouch with you. Thanks!

4. DuramaxPowered

DuramaxPowered Member

All fixed now. Thanks B&B!

5. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Having the same problem, DuramaxPowered how did you fix yours?

6. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

DP's issue was a poor factory crimp connection at the grill connector on the battery cable power plug. Not too common.

Normally its just a loose connection (again on the power cables) or dead motor relay when you have no motor operation, so be sure to start with those basics first.

7. ajordan193

ajordan193 Senior Member
    from WNY

Problem fixed, turned out to be a fried relay. Thanks for your help.

8. RWcc

RWcc Junior Member

I'm having the same issue with my Blizzard plow, I worked on it last night for about an hour but no luck. I can hear the solenoid clicking and the pump runs when i hit the switch, and all of the lights dim. The fluid is full. and the wings are in. I'm going to check all the electrical connections right now.