1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont go up down left right

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by chs1993, Jan 30, 2012.

1. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

8' straight western ultra mount plow wont go up down left or right. Changed solenoid already till nothing. When you hit the control the plow doesnt move but the pump runs. Any ideas?

2. EKennett

EKennett Junior Member

Is the fluid full? Is this a new or used plow? 9 pin harness? Does the motor solenoid click when you push the buttons? Do the headlights switch to plow lights when plugged in?

3. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

fluid is filled, was new when i bought it in 03 11 pin all lights work, solenoid clicks when buttons are pushed

4. EKennett

EKennett Junior Member

Well I'm far from an expert but I would guess either a bad controller or a bad motor/pump.

5. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

Thanks for all the imput problem solved thank god since there calling for 5 inchs. had a cut in the blue wire near the plug on the plow side one the plug with 3 pins

6. chs1993

chs1993 Senior Member

spliced it for now until i get a replacement