1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont go down

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by fish22fish, Nov 28, 2010.

1. fish22fish

fish22fish Junior Member
    from maine

I have a fisher electric plow that was hesitant to drop down. Sometimes it would'nt and sometimes it would drop down. Now it wont drop down. Need help.

2. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

check power and mag to s1 coil

3. fish22fish

fish22fish Junior Member
    from maine

have to take it to a plow guy, dont know how to do that

4. fish22fish

fish22fish Junior Member
    from maine

just went out tryed the plow now it goes down,whats going on?

5. z71plowguy

z71plowguy Senior Member

bump mine wont go down either

6. chris694205

chris694205 Senior Member

there are valves that are covered by a black plastic shroud. What i usually do is run a power jumper wire from the battery and touch it to each solenoid on the plow and you should be able to hear the valve move... if you cant hear it take it out and do the same thing while looking for movement. if you have no movement you know either the valve or the magnet is shot

7. bob00

bob00 Senior Member

take that plactic cover off check for magnetism to s1 wenh the plow is in float mode or wenh a buddy hold the down button s1 is the on on the left if no megetism check power

if you got no power try to find why
    if you got power but no magnatism check connection to coil if connection are good the coil is fried
    if you power and mag. sount like your cartridge but get it check by an expert or get more advise on it