1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't go down?.........picture

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by berg, Nov 24, 2008.

1. berg

berg Member
    from utah

Thanks to the forum I got wire up correctly and everything seemed to work fine.

I have a quick connect on the angle setup and just cycle the switch left and right... all worked fine.

I raised the plow and it goes up quick...but it won't go down.
    When I "return to float" or down position it will not go by itself nor with a 24" prybar with me hanging off it.
    Maybe there is no problem.. maybe I need more weight to forced down?
    seemed like 2 years ago when I last used it I could forced it down myself.
    Not so today.. what should I look for?
    E47 Electo-Touch is the model

Last edited: Nov 24, 2008
  2. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Check for power to the a coil when in the lower position. The A coil is the one with a black wire, on the lower back side of your pump towards the grill. If it has power at the connector, check for magnetism with a screwdriver. If the coil is grounded properly it should be magnetic when the power is going to it, if so it's a problem with the A valve. Hope that makes sense.

3. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Also you should be able to lower it easily by hand. You could also look on the meyer website, they have the wiring and trouble shooting diagrams on there under service manuals.
  4. m2low

m2low Member

I know - I have this same setup, you CAN push it down by hand in the float position....

as far as keeping it up, maybe there is a misup in the wiring on the selenoid? posibly have a 4 post and need one side to ground and the other to the 12V switch?
  5. tsmith

tsmith Senior Member

Did you figure anything out? Just curious.
  6. berg

berg Member
    from utah

7. GL&M

GL&M Senior Member
    from PA

If none of the above suggestions worked, remove the a valve and press up on the ball at the bottom of the valve. Sometimes they stick and need a little help. If that don't do it, the a valve may be shot. You can also check the adjustment for the drop speed of the blade, If the adjustment is too tight the blade won't drop either.
    Last edited: Nov 27, 2008
  8. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

No drop speed adjustability on the E47's.

But the rest is good info for you berg. :waving:
  9. Norway-importer

Norway-importer Junior Member
    from Norway

I would vote for the stuck ball in the valve idea, if it hasn`t been used since last season, and the oil is old, it is a normal thing. Just poke it with a tiny screwdriver.
    Change the oil afterwards, it might help for later.
  10. berg

berg Member
    from utah

How does one adjust the drop speed?
  11. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

There is no drop speed adjustment on the E47's. Thats was the point to the post.