1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow won't angle

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by cubplower, Nov 3, 2012.

1. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

Ive got a Fisher speedcast straight blade. I put on a haldex electric over hydraulic pump. Lifts/ lowers fine but will only angle to the right. I put on a new angle cylinder and still nothing. I'm going to try the hose tomorrow but I don't think that' it could be clogged or anything because the fluid goes through it when the piston compresses as it angles to the right. Does anyone have any other suggestions? Thanks Patrick

2. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

Did you change the plow fluid in the pump if not fluid could be dirty and change the screen inside the pump to that could be clogged. also there could be air in the system .and instead of changing hose if you think its clogged grab a bucket and put one end in bucket and push plow to see if fluid comes out easy or not.

3. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

the fluid is brand new as well as the pump. i will do the hose in the bucket idea. with the cylinder not attached to the plow it will extend so im thinking the maybe the valve that is supposed to allow fluid in from the other piston may not be working?

4. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

Check all you electric connections. Do some troubleshooting and find the problem instead of throwing parts at it.

5. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

I'm checking the coils today. I had the extras laying around so I put them on quick.

6. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

It will turn angle to the left from dead center though.

7. cubplower

cubplower Senior Member

And I tried it on another plow still does the same thing

8. clark lawn

clark lawn PlowSite.com Addict
    from NE ohio

when you try to turn to the right does the coil energize? I had a Western (same plow) and it did that and it turned out to be the controller was bad

9. ducaticorse

ducaticorse PlowSite.com Addict
    from we

Check wiring for a cracked wire or short.

10. snowplowpro

snowplowpro Senior Member
    from NJ

One of the coils is bad or stuck closed and not opening to let the fluid through there's three coils that one has got to bad or one of the wires that connects to the coils is lose off or broke.