1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont angle

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by maxdad, Dec 22, 2010.

1. maxdad

maxdad Junior Member
    from iowa

Plow goes up and down fine and the motor runs when you try to go left or right but it doesnt move any ideas
  2. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

You need to tell what kind of plow you have and what controller.
    My initial thought based on the that little info is a bad solenoid, the fact that the motor is running doesn't rule out the control entirely but I'd guess a solenoid.

The other question is, was it working and then stopped, or did you hook it up for the first time and it doesn't work but it worked last time or last season?

The more info you give the better people will be able to help you. There are people on this board that will be able to figure this out very quickly.

Last edited: Dec 22, 2010
  3. maxdad

maxdad Junior Member
    from iowa

It's a older western cable operated worked last year did the flush and put new fluid in this year and it' just wouldn't angle sounds kind of rough when you try to left and right but won't move
  4. twinman326

twinman326 PlowSite.com Addict

When you flush the system, did you move the plow left, then right to get the air out?
    Did you check you fluid level to make sure it is fill before the threads (filler plug)??

Have you check the cable adjustments?
    Are your cables stretch?

Here a link to the mechanic's guide.It will show you were and how to adjust the cables ( if they need to be adjusted)

Start from page 3-4
  5. 78W200

78W200 Member

Mine used to do the same thing, usually it was just because the left/right cable had come off the lever on the pump.