1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wont angle right. HELP!

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by Burkartsplow, Nov 13, 2007.

1. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

My meyer 7.5 poly plow with E-60 pump will not turn to the right. I just bought the truck and plow from an individual and when I brought it home it worked fine. I just hooked it up to check everything out and it goes up and down and to the left, but now it wont come back to the right and the breaker goes off in the controller, then I have to turn off the controller and back on to reset it. I have not used meyers in while and I am sure it is a quick fix.the plow is in great shape as the previous owner never used it except for his little driveway. What are the steps to trouble shoot this problem. thanks:confused:

2. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

3. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

If you do a search here you'll find many posts on this problem, but in a nut shell either the C valve or coil isn't working or one of the quick couplers is bad.
    Check for power at the C coil (the one with the green wire) while a helper holds the controller in the angle right position. If you find it doesn't have power then start checking all your electrical connection..

4. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

More then likely you have a coupler going bad...Rob

5. andrewlawnrangr

andrewlawnrangr Senior Member

i was just goin to ask this question bec the same thing happened to me today. im goin to switch out the Q C and see what happens.. thanks

6. J_Kleve

J_Kleve Junior Member

+1 had this problem over the weekend.

7. 250ford

250ford Junior Member

MY E60H meyer plow won't angle to right . it stays left.need help thanks.

8. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Do all the test mentioned above. Also check and see if valve is swollen. Coil should lift right off, if it is difficult to remove valve is swollen.

9. 250ford

250ford Junior Member

vavle is not swollen.what other test could do?

10. kimber750

kimber750 PlowSite Veteran

Test for power at C coil, check for magnetism at C coil.

11. 250ford

250ford Junior Member

there power when i press the right button, but none when i press the left side. need help

12. tjctransport

tjctransport PlowSite.com Addict

you will not get power to the coils when left angle. left angle is default. so if the motor spins the pump, it will go left.
    have you checked to make sure the quick connects are both connected? if the piston on the left side of the plow is not connected to the pump through the quick connects on the hose, it will not angle right.