1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wont angle or up/down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by highstrung, Nov 18, 2003.

1. highstrung

highstrung Junior Member

i have a 88 ford f-250 w/ a western 8 ft pro-plow.....and it wont move up/down or left/right
    i have power to my outside lights and i have power to my controller...i have the handheld remote and a regular one so i don't think its the controls,but i believe it may be the relays as i have replaced the solenoid already...thanks in advance....:)

2. Synergyracing

Synergyracing Member
    from Indiana

Does the motor turn on? If not, do you here the relay click?

3. Garagekeeper

Garagekeeper Senior Member

The relays other then the large one that hooks to the battery and motor are for your lights only.
    You need to be sure that your connector at the grill is making a complete connection, if so you move onto the plow.
    Then check the coils for magnetizem while operating your controller, and from there if all checks out to see if the cartridge valves are operating.
    You could get by your dealer and have them do a quick check with their harness and control check out box.

:rolleyes: John.............

4. highstrung

highstrung Junior Member

thanks for the fast reply....and i also wanna thank you for taking my phone call as everything came together rather quickly after speaking with you about the problem.thanks again and i will send those pics asap....:)