1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow with window up or down?

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Dirtboy953B, Dec 27, 2008.

?

Plow with window up or down?

1. up

18 vote(s)
    11.8%
  2. down

127 vote(s)
    83.6%
  3. In such a hurry that I don't know wich way is up or down!

7 vote(s)
    4.6%
  1. Dirtboy953B

Dirtboy953B Senior Member

Just wondering how many of you out there plow with your drivers side window up or down?About the only time I have mine up is when it's snowing like crazy.

2. kashman

kashman PlowSite.com Addict

me 2 heat on high

3. KCB

KCB Senior Member

I like them both down to see my mirrors better, and to listen to what I'm doing. And fresh air doesn't hurt either.

4. snowman55

snowman55 PlowSite.com Addict

just dont stick your head out. seen guys do that to see the side of their blade only to catch a curb and eat the door frame.

5. plownoob

plownoob Senior Member
    from ny

I like to listen also...and it helps when I have my defroster blasting away.

6. Mark13

Mark13 PlowSite Fanatic

I got the window down, heat on medium. and the tunes on. Unless its snowing like crazy and I don't want it snowing in my truck.

7. 91AK250

91AK250 PlowSite.com Addict

mostly with it down, just depends on how cold it is and wether its snowing.

8. LoneCowboy

LoneCowboy PlowSite.com Addict

window down
    head out, watching the curb line (if it's close to a curb) and then out at the very end to get it up and over the curb at the end.

I notice from watching others around here, that most of them plow window up, I find that very interesting.

Tractors, windows up, there are no options, but you can see a lot more in a tractor.

9. Bolt-1

Bolt-1 Senior Member

I agree. Heat on high and a little music.

10. murphyslaw

murphyslaw Senior Member

Heater on high windows down.

11. slave2lawns

slave2lawns Member

I go back & forth because once that wind hits, it gets way too cold for me. The only time that I definately have them down is when Im getting close to the curbs.

12. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

Always down, I just hate the sideways snow.

13. ColliganLands

ColliganLands PlowSite.com Addict

cracked when its snowing heavy
    otherwise down almost all the way like the fresh air, keeps it a bit cooler in the truck with the heat blasting and you can hear whats going on

14. fernalddude

fernalddude PlowSite.com Addict

Windows only cracked open to bottom of splash shield.To many times getting back splash from sloppy snow.That's a PITA ...

15. Jello1

Jello1 Senior Member

Unless it's raining or snowing, window down.

16. M&A Property Maintenance

M&A Property Maintenance Senior Member

down unless it;s snowing sideway

17. sluggermn

sluggermn Member

window down untill I get out to shovel then I put them both up and crank the heat to defrost everything and warm me up when I get back in.

then back to windows down and plowing like a madman!!

and I do stick my head out the window when trimming up next to curbs or metal sign posts in a parking lot (handicapped signs) but I am usually going pretty slow so I dont beat the hell out of my eqpt.
    slugger

18. tls22

tls22 PlowSite Veteran

I have a.d.d so its up and down all the time! I like plowing with it down, you can hear better!

19. scooled101

scooled101 Senior Member
    from midwest

I too have ADD so i am always up and down with the window and the music i am just in a hurry all the time

20. stroker79

stroker79 2000 Club Member

My window is up 99% of the time. I hate water/snow coming in and getting my door panel wet and soaking the switches in water. Only its down is if I forget to put it up when its not snowing. Only reason I put it down is to talk to someone or when going through the bank drive throughs