1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wiring

Discussion in 'Eureka Fluid Film' started by zjm, Dec 15, 2010.

1. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Can you use this stuff to spray on you plow relays,on the underneath wear the connectors are open.Like kinda sorta use it like die electric grease?
  2. heavychevy01

heavychevy01 Member

I coat the plugs on both the plow and truck, have done so for the past two years. I do not spray it on any of the relays or solenoids.
  3. We spray down the WHOLE plow, wires, lights, mounts, everything.
  4. zjm

zjm Senior Member

How about under truck hood. Batt. solenoids etc.?
  5. B&B

B&B PlowSite Fanatic

Everything that can move or corrode. :D
  6. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Cant wait for my free promo. can to get here.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

warning! fluid film will not conduct electricity!! do not put it on the actuall contacts inside the plugs of the harnesses. most def use it on battery terminals and solenoids tho to keep them from getting eaten up by salt and corrosion :)
  8. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

Should be OK on plugs and jacks when used in moderation on contacts that are in good shape. I've sprayed the trailer plugs and plow plugs with no problem.

When the contacts have lost their spring and won't apply enough pressure to the opposite fitting too mulch FF can be a problem.

For relays and solenoids specifically, wire them up and give them a good spraying of Fluid Film.
  9. Penguin plower

Penguin plower Junior Member

Dielectric greases do not conduct electricity. They prevent corrosion and carry heat away. If they were to conduct electricity they would in many instances cause a short. The contacts in an electrical connection make direct contact and push the grease to the side. The grease (fluid film in this instance) excludes moisture and helps to prevent corrosion. Anyway, that is my take.
  10. zjm

zjm Senior Member

Thanks guys, i was just going to use it as a preventative coating against corrosion.
    I already put die electric grease inside those little push and pull pump motor connectors and coated top of battery and solenoid posts as well. Every thing is brand new so i wanted to get a good start to prevent corrosion. Check out my pics of my plow rig and riding buddy,going to try and get them loaded tonight.
    We are expecting 6"-9" sun. night into mon. here on long island ny, nothing crazy but something to push and try ou tmy new BOSS!
  11. JOEC

JOEC Member

I would not use it on solenoids. We sprayed it all over the compartment and fryed two solenoids. Fluid film did what it was supposed to great product watch your electrical parts. Even though it cost me 500 for parts still would recomend it. This stuff takes the rust off.

SKYNYRD Senior Member

sprayed it on a solenoid for a western cable controlled pump 3 winters ago and still no issues. sprayed in on the solenoid for a fisher mm2 setup on a truck we picked up last january and no issues.