1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wireing issues

Discussion in 'Truck & Equipment Repair' started by rayf268, Oct 13, 2006.

1. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I was trying to get my truck and plow ready for this season and when I hook up my western 8ft unimount I only get a one click out of the solenoid and no pump action in any position I move the controller, with the plow unconnected the solenoid clicks like normal, my joystick seems to be acting funny the light stays on if its on or not the only way to get it to turn off is the disconnect it and reconnect it then it stays off till I turn it on again. my lights also aren't working right I only get park lights on the plow . I haven't messed with the wiring all year I cleaned and used dielectric grease on the main connectors no help. I run a 98 gmc 1500 4x4. any ideas We had our first warning of snow yesterday there was white in the air and dreams of green in my pocket. I also opened up my controller and it looks fine . Thanks in advance for the help :confused:

2. Crash935

Crash935 2000 Club Member

Check to see if you have a orange/black wire hooked up to the positive side of the battery, if so, move it to the ground side.

3. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

I have checked all the batt. connections and the solenoid it looks good. does this sound like my controler to me it doesn't seem like it could be on the plow side. I don't know any more thoughts would be great . If I connect power to the pump motor to make sure it is free and working do I risk any damage to it .
    Thanks
    Ray

4. rayf268

rayf268 Senior Member

ok I am a dumb a$$ I found my screw up I had the ground disconnected for some reason .