1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wings

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself to the Community' started by res201cue, Jan 29, 2010.

1. res201cue

res201cue Senior Member

just wondering if anyone has ever put wings on a poly plow? I know most manufacturers dont recomend it but i just wanted to see if anyone has done it and what the results were.

Thanks in advance

2. JMR

JMR Senior Member

3. Burkartsplow

Burkartsplow PlowSite Veteran

I have it on two of my poly plows. Did the exact same thing as JMR. Do a search and you should fine my pics on here somewhere.

4. plowzilla

plowzilla Senior Member

You should consider plow specific wings. These type of wings really do no get the full benefit as Boss wings, snow dogg, etc. The only one not making wings is Western, unless you have a contractor pro plus blade. These wings take up the some inches of the mold board as others attach at the end of the mold board giving you more length. good luck

5. zerolatency

zerolatency Member

:nod: what he said.... you can't go wrong with more length.....:laughing:

6. Kenyou

Kenyou Senior Member

Here is another version that dlcs used. Notice the extra bracing to protect the poly part.
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=69403&highlight=wings

7. snocrete

snocrete Banned

here is a pic of the back side of the one we run. works great and has held up well. Used 1/8 in angle iron welded to factory upright braces. Cut the provided washer so that it was a straight cut on top and bottom in order to weld to angle iron. Also laid foam in between bracing & back of moldboard. This blade is a Meyer STP 7.5 poly --- Steel embedded urethane main edge, and a UHMW material (similar to TheSnowPlow shovels) for wing edges.

snow shovels 001.jpg