1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wings?

Discussion in 'ATV / UTV Snow Removal' started by paul2222, Dec 7, 2009.

1. paul2222

paul2222 Junior Member

I just bought a 54" pro advantage state plow from warn. used this week in our first 2" snow fall. loved it! It threw the snow to the side and it worked great. Now the problem... I would like to find a way to put side wings on to get better snow capture when pushing straight. I know they sell bigger blades with side flaps. That would be great, except I didnt buy a bigger plow because of my situation. Any hints?

2. jazzyjj

jazzyjj Junior Member

024.jpg
    027.jpg
    025.jpg

some pics of the wings i built, they work pretty good

024.jpg

027.jpg

025.jpg

3. paul2222

paul2222 Junior Member

That's pretty ingenious. I bought the side plate warn sells for the country plow. I figured if I have left over snow in an area I can angle plow towoeds side plate and collect leftover snow runnoff. What would be nice is if they sold that plate for both sides and on hinges. When you were just pushing snow you could fold them out and maybe even angle them in. Could prob fab something though.