1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Joe Snow, Nov 10, 2008.

1. Joe Snow

Joe Snow Senior Member

Anyone here running a straight plow with the attachable plow wings? Just wondering what your impressions of plowing with the wings is. Also, how does this affect bagdragging if at all?

2. porter lawncare

porter lawncare Member

does any one have pics

thanks

3. dirtmandan2

dirtmandan2 Senior Member

Does not affect backdragging at all. I took one of my trucks tonight to do a small lot, the truck I took didn't have wings on it and I could not wait to get out of that lot. Once you put them on you'll wonder how you plowed w/ out them.

4. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

5. porter lawncare

porter lawncare Member

i ment pics of factory wings

6. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

what factory?

7. porter lawncare

porter lawncare Member

hiniker ...

8. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Hiniker doesnt offer wings... just box ends.

9. alaska blue ox

alaska blue ox Junior Member
    from Alaska

I don't have factory wings but my home built ones work great!! I regularly build snowpiles exceeding 12 feet high, oh yeah! heavy chevy and a hiniker! I can't picture trying to plow a large lot with a foot or more of snow without them. back blading isn't changed at all but is not an efficient method for more than a very small area. the biggest change is in trying to plow a long road as my wings catch a lot of snow and don't allow for much to roll off the side. I have to push the majority to the end or turn to dump my load to the side.

10. MileHigh

MileHigh PlowSite.com Addict

I hate plowing without wings.

Haven't plowed with the Hiniker yet.

With pro wings, the only thing that is affected with backdragging the fact that you can't get as close to wall/garage/dock. You will lose about four inches due to the scooping angle of the plow.

Definitely worth it.

Here are some pics of my install.

DSCN3012.jpg

DSCN3010.jpg

DSCN3014.jpg

DSCN3019.jpg

DSCN3078.jpg

11. MileHigh

DSCN3080.jpg

DSCN3082.jpg

12. sven1277

sven1277 Senior Member

I have a set of box ends for my cplow. I used them the first several years and they were great for containing the snow, even in backdrag mode. I hated having to take them off for the commercial lots. They did get bent a little and now leave snow trails so I haven't used them in the past few years. Now that this truck is strictly on a residential run, I may put them back on.
    They are simple on and off, but not a lot of support, easy to bend if snagged on a curb.

13. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

BladeScape do you have trouble getting your plow ON you didn't collapse the lift cylinder before you backed out . The last pic

14. MileHigh

My plow is stored on an angle...It sits at the front of a garage in front of a trailer...my driveway is kinda steep...

So I have found this way to be a little easier for mounting...All I have to do is just push up on my light rack and it will stay where I need it to to pull my mounting forks into it.

Im so used to manhandling my meyer around to get it on the truck that this seems like heaven.

Good Eye buddy :drinkup: