1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Wings

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by hoss, Aug 24, 2006.

1. hoss

hoss Junior Member

Does Meyer manufacture a set of wings for there C series plows? I am currently looking for a new plow and have been researching all of the brands. I havent read anything in there brochure that states they do however, I didnt see anything for wings for a Western in theres and I saw a few posts on the site for them. Any insight would be great. I am not planning on buying the wings immediatly but its nice to know what options I have with each plow down there road.

2. Jay brown

Jay brown PlowSite.com Addict

meyer doesn't have any factory wings but western does. click on the sponsor above..

3. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Wings

Meyer does not at this time have wings for the plow you are asking about. They are, however, in development.
    In the mean time Anthony & Associates has started making our own wings that will bolt into the pre-existing holes on the the sides of the AG and C model plows. We are still testing them.
    Please keep in mind that until they are approved, any structural damage incurred while using these or any other wings not ordained by Meyer Corp. will not be covered under the Meyer Corp. Warranty.
    Western does offer wings for some of their plows.

4. itsgottobegreen

itsgottobegreen PlowSite.com Addict

Please for your sanity look at any other plow other than meyers. They always where crap and they still are crap. Blizzard, western and fisher. Way way better choices. The blizzard comes with built in wings and the western has ultra heavy duty pin on wings.

5. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

blizzards arent much better ive had meyer 20 plus yrs never a failure

john

6. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Buyers pro wings can be used with Meyers plows. They don't do a thing for to improve the attack angle, or slow speed, but they do help control high side trail off, and help with clean up. Not meant to extend the plow, just control trail off

7. ibelee

ibelee Senior Member

Buyer Pro-Wings

Basher is quite correct.
    I have a Meyer 7.5 that we installed a set of Buyer Wings on last year and they worked quite nice. The 2 set backs for these wings that we are trying to improve upon as we develope our wings are - #1- the ease of installation - as was mentioned, Western has wings that pin into place. Buyer Wings also pin into place but that is after you drill holes in your plow, and weld backplates onto it. The new AG and C Model Meyer Plows come with bolt holes down the outside ribs. We want to be able to bolt the mounting for the wings directly to these holes. The wings themselves will then be pinned to these wing mounts. No drilling holes through the front of a perfectly good moldboard. #2 - The angle of attack - If you compare the angle of the Western Wings to the angle of the Buyer Wings there is quite a difference. We also own Western Plows with the Western Wings. When plowing last year, the Western Wings were much more effective than the Buyers. We want to develope a set of wings with a more aggressive angle.
    Again, none of what we are trying out is ordained by Meyer Corp.
    It's just something we are playing with.