1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wings

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Steve Brubaker, Dec 6, 2005.

1. Steve Brubaker

Steve Brubaker Junior Member
    from 44313

I have a Western Poly blade Ultra Mount. Does anyone know if they make wings for this blade and are they good and sturdy, I dont want to crack my mold blade. Where can I buy these the cheepest ?.

2. Raydon

Raydon Member

Steve, I just finished installing Pro-Wings on my Arctic poly. Wasn't to hard. I played with them awhile to get them at the best angle to fit the contour of my moldboard. I haven't had the pleasure of using them yet. I bought mine from Angelos on line for $ 160.00 U.S

3. Steve Brubaker

from 44313

Where is Angelos do they have a web site or a number. I called western and they said they do not recommend placing wing on the poly, but I did here of a after market that has metal plates on them. Did you have to reinforce anything behind or infront of the mold bar.

4. Raydon

Raydon Member

www.angelos-supplies.com. They say not recomended for a poly but alot of people have been doing it with out any problems I'm aware of. My wings came with a large 5" square plate for the back of the moldboard to use as a washer. If you want you could reinforce more. Possibly betweeen the vertical ribs.

5. Steve Brubaker

from 44313

Thanks for your help I am going to buy a pair, worst case it will crack the mold bar and I'll just buy a new one.

6. Laughterman

Laughterman Junior Member

I just put a set of Pro Wings on my Boss Poly and welded a piece in between the vertical supports. Used it twice this year and they work great. No pressure on the moldboard whatsoever.

7. Steve Brubaker

from 44313

When you welded the bar how exactly did you do it?. Do you have a picture?

8. Raydon

Raydon Member

I got to use my new wings yesterday and all I can say is "I won't be without them again" unless I'm using a Blizzard. They cut down my route time by about 30 % just like everyone else said it would. Steve, I didn't reinforce the installation at all and had no problems. You will be impressed at the extra amount of snow you can move.

9. JMR

JMR Senior Member

I've got them on 2 Meyer polys and 1 Meyer steel. They have saved us so much time that we are now plowing our route with 2 trucks instead of 4. I would say that we our 40% faster with the wings. We are making more money and working less. Before the wings we were averaging about $125 per truck hour plowing. We are now over $185 per truck hour. We used to be the only ones around with pro wings, now I see them on about every other truck I see with a straight blade.