1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wings???

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by snow warrior, Feb 3, 2005.

1. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

HEY HAS ANYONE EVER MADE THEIR OWN PLOW WINGS? :confused:

2. hickslawns

hickslawns Senior Member

I bought a couple of sets and let my subs use them as templates to make their own. They said it wasn't hard to do. Any metal fab or welding experience and you should be able to do it. I am thinking about making up a couple sets before next winter. Good luck!

3. snow warrior

snow warrior Member

Thanks

THANKS FOR THE INFO ILL TALK TO SOME PEOPLE I KNOW :drinkup:

4. Dieselman19

Dieselman19 Senior Member

yes i have made my own for 2 years nows i had bought the pro wings wings years back and loved them but they where not strong enough so i made a heavy duty set and WOW they work great, i can take pics for you and post them. I made mine out of an old plow face and they slide off, i cut no lie 50% my time off with these wings.

5. oldmankent

oldmankent PlowSite.com Addict

6. Robo

Robo Senior Member

Lets see the pics :nod:

7. TLC Ken

TLC Ken Member

yeah, I have four homemade sets. I wish I had thought about them more before I built #3 and #4 set. I copied ones that came on the used plow I bought with the account list 8 years ago.

I'll see if I have a picture...

These are from December, when I welded more tubing on the back of the blade for strength. This is before I took the plow to the powdercoater, so it's pretty ugly. (It's white now, to match the new blizzard). Hopefully I'll paint the truck white too before next winter. Still two plow truck to paint. One more blade to paint.

won't let me paste them twice. Here are the links

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=16112

http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=20609