1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by JTS Landscaping, Nov 29, 2004.

1. JTS Landscaping

JTS Landscaping Member

was wondering if anyone kepts there plow wings on when they drive down the road or if they take them off everytime.

2. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

JTS............I guess it depends on where you live and how picky 5-0
    is about overwidth vehicles on that day.............LOL !

I run Turkey Wings and they are like a box so I am no wider than 8 ft.
    so I am under NYS width law at all times.

I could imagine running a 9 ft. straight balde with Pro Wings on it !.............geo

3. CARDOCTOR

CARDOCTOR PlowSite.com Addict

depends on the time of the day,if theres not alot of traffic
    i leave them on. it only takes a minute to remove
    john

4. slade

slade Senior Member

I leave mine on. 7'6" western 9'4" with wings on. We live in a small town with not that much traffic.

5. troy28282

troy28282 Senior Member

JTS,
    Watch out for Kent County, they are kinda picky about wide plows when in transport. Im in Ottawa/Allegan, didn't have any problems when i had my pro-wings. If you keep the blade angled it should cut the width down to do city driving.
    Hope this helps.

6. HOLLYWOOD

HOLLYWOOD Member

question . I have a western 8.6 on my f450 dump. PLow wings are not recommend on this blade with. Why? Because of the with? Will they damage my plow? I would like to have them Please help.

7. Runner

Runner Senior Member

That's generally it - because of the width considerations. As long as you took them off during transport, you would be o.k.. With the truck you have, I wouldn't be too concerned about it not pushing that size of a plow too easily. Your plow width would come in at around 10' 4". That is ALOT of plow!