1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Wings??

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by stevejfromRI, Nov 19, 2013.

1. Anyone run bolt on plow wings on Fisher MM2s?

I have seen them around, but how do they work for mid size commercial accounts? it seems a little too good to be true that they work as well as claimed by the mfg's.

2. Bossman 92

Bossman 92 PlowSite.com Addict

Wings work awesome....all I can say. Every plow I own has wings.

3. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Wings are bad, they make you more profitable.

4. Ok, you guys love them... but how were they to install etc. I am looking at trying them out and from what i have read its a no brainer.

Thats always where i get bitten in the butt... whenever its too good to be true it usually isnt.

5. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Western and Fisher offer a wing kit now they are the best never owned the pro wings seen to many people around here ripping them off.
    I think the pro wings models are made cheaply

They all pin on or bolt on Western pins on but they rattle so bad I tap threads on there pins and mine are bolted on no more rattle

6. Bossman 92

Installation on your first time will probably be 2x as long as it should (it did us) just because you are not exactly sure what you are doing but its not bad. Follow instructions and give yourself a few hours. The last couple sets we did we finished in under an hour.

7. Bossman 92

It does seem alot of people bad mouth the pro wings but we have never had a problem with them.

8. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

I know a guy here never had a problem with them. I think its what type driver you have. I always made my own wings till western offer a set. They are made well vs the prowings.
    Pro wings is half price to vs the western wings

9. Bossman 92

I think you are correct on the type of driver. The first set I bought years ago I just wanted to see if they really did help without breaking the bank. They worked great with no problems so we kept adding more sets.

10. ScubaSteve728

ScubaSteve728 Senior Member

would you remove the wings for something like blizzard memo? or leave them on? thinking about getting some myself.

11. goel

goel PlowSite.com Addict

Agree. We get minor bends in them and straighten them sometimes at year end if needed.

99 percent of the time in storms they are both on. Removed after Plowing is done or in the middle of the day only.

12. I'm gonna try the pro wings, see what happens i guess. thanks to all, i will take some pics and post them later.

13. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

just put wings on both my straight blades hope it's night and day

14. nboeger4

nboeger4 Member

I just installed pro wings a few weeks ago. Just haven't used them yet. The instructions did kind of suck though. Like stated above I could probably install in half the time now.

15. Im getting them from Northern Tool.. i guess its a standard kit. Like you i hope its night and day.

16. derekbroerse

derekbroerse 2000 Club Member

I've had wings on my Boss V (the OEM Boss ones, very tough!) for several years now and would never go back to not having them...

Added a pair of Pro Wings I picked up new in the box for $100 last year to a 7'6" Fisher straight blade, they turned what was more or less a useless plow in my opinion into something that is a joy to work with... night and day indeed, you have no idea!!! :D

17. chachi1984

chachi1984 Senior Member

ya , I pick up a set of boss for my arctic plow

and made a custom set for my 7.6 western

18. concreteguy

concreteguy Senior Member

They are worth putting on and for the price. They perform as stated and will increase your productivity. Just don't try to over work them and you'll be fine. One lot that I did, took me and hour, and it cut it to 45 min

19. jtslawncare

jtslawncare Member

can someone take a pic of there mm1 or mm2 with pro wings, been thinking about adding a set to my mm2 as well..

20. peteo1

peteo1 PlowSite.com Addict

I can second this as I did the dame thing with my 7'6'' plow. Bonus tip::::when you bolt on the rubber edges add a piece of 1/4" flat steel. It will help keep the rubbers from ripping off.