1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wings

Discussion in 'Hiniker' started by Digging It Inc, Jan 24, 2012.

1. Digging It Inc

Digging It Inc Junior Member

Has anybody added any other type of plow wings to the poly hiniker plows besides the crappy ones that hiniker sells? Ive seen some of the universal ones out there but not quite sure how they would do being bolted or pinned into the poly plow. I forsee pushing a large load or hitting a curb and ripping the washer and pin right out of the blade. Any ideas? I'm looking for options for my 9'ers.

2. Antlerart06

Antlerart06 PlowSite Veteran

Look at there site couldnt find a pic of there wings they offer you have one see what you talking about

3. Digging It Inc

Digging It Inc Junior Member

I had the wings that hiniker offers on my c-plow however they aren't like wings but more like trying to turn your plow into a box blade. They don't stand up to much abuse and would be torturned when pushing large piles. Not a very good design in my opinion.

4. Antlerart06

Box ends I found a pic think should work good now how you mount them doesnt look strong I would bolt them solid Any wing you buy wont hold up to curbs sometimes before you hit the curb bump up the plow so can go over the curb

5. NICHOLS LANDSCA

NICHOLS LANDSCA PlowSite Veteran

Hiniker doesn't make any wings, we've made 2 sets of box ends out of 1/4" and put 1 1/2" thick x10" tall rubber on the bottom

6. Antlerart06

Yes they do make them They are called( clip on box)
    Here the pic I found on there site
    I thought was kinda neat box ends would work on both modes

Hiniker%20Box%20Ends.jpg

7. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I wish Hiniker would make some wings too (not box ends)... But I guess this might make it harder to sell scoop & v-plows.

I like SnowDogg's fold away wing they offer for their plows.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  8. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Here's SnowDogg's.

snowdoggq.JPG

9. Antlerart06

How do they lock I like that setup
    I just havent seen a setup in person
    There only one snowdogg plow in my town and I installed it last week for a friend

10. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

It appears just a pin. The hinges look heavy and from other photo you can see a short pin lines up with a hole at the top & bottom. I believe these are only fit certain models of their plow line (HD/EX). Here's some links for more info.

http://www.snowdoggplows.com/snowdoggHDEX_wings.html
    http://www.plowsite.com/showthread.php?t=120514

snowdogg2.JPG

Last edited: Jan 24, 2012
  11. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

Boss also make's some great looking detachable wings that I once thought of trying to make fit a Hiniker.

BossWings2.JPG

12. NICHOLS LANDSCA

Like I said they DON'T make WINGS. The factory BOX ENDS are made out of tin foil and are really small

13. Antlerart06

Fit anything If you know what you doing
    Boss is ok but seen to many them bending under stress
    I have western wings on my 8.6 pro plus They rattle to much so I made them bolt on solid
    Fold back design of SD I like

I thought maybe you had a set of the SD

14. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I see. I guess there are pros/cons to adding them. They take a lot of stress out on the end. I always wondered why they couldn't just integrate a little wing like curve into the mold board on a straight blade. Kind of hybrid between a straight & scoop plow.

15. Antlerart06

Yes see ur point Seen this on the web Might be my next plow Kinda like how it works

30-1.jpg

snowplow-revolution.jpg

16. Snowzilla

Snowzilla Senior Member
    from Iowa

I didn't know this plow existed. That's what I was thinking of, a little flare at ends to keep snow from falling out. Hydraulic wings...this appears to be in a competitor for the Western Wideout. But at 705lbs it is much lighter (good thing). I assume pricey.

17. Antlerart06

I havent found a price Mount it on a good Ford weight wont matter

18. Antlerart06

Found a price under 6800
    I ask price month ago on wideout think it was 6500

19. NICHOLS LANDSCA

The plow posted is the Revolution it's 1070lbs not including truck side

20. NBI Lawn

NBI Lawn PlowSite.com Addict

Those are not wings, they are box ends. As Nichols said they are kinda cheap and small. Here is a pic of some I made for my 8'. This is the best shot I have.

box ends.jpg