1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wings

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by DaleL, Oct 22, 2003.

1. DaleL

DaleL Junior Member

Curious if anybody has installed the plow wings on their plow? I ordered a pair last season toward the end and they never got installed, they're still in the box! Any feedback and tips would be greatly appreciated! (Before I go and cut a couple holes in the plow!!!) :eek:

Thanks, Dale

2. Highpoint

Highpoint Senior Member

First off, this topic has been discussed in great detail before, you can do a search and get a lot of info.

IF you have the ability to use a cutting torch or the equivilent. I would suggest cutting off the pin on the back of each wing. Mount the wings where you want them. Hold the pin in it's orginal place to mark EXACTLY where to drill the hole. Makes for a very pricise install. Weld the pin back on. Good luck.

3. BRL

BRL PlowSite.com - Veteran

The directions that are in the box with the wings are pretty straight forward & easy. Never had a problem, but High Point's idea sounds like it would be a good one for some people, especially for the first install. I'm sure my first one wasn't quite as precise as the ones after that. Might be other good tips in some of those old threads as well. I think I might have even posted some pics of a wing installation. Good luck!

4. sonjaab

sonjaab PlowSite.com Addict

DALE.....What kind of wings do ya have?
    Turkeys, Pros, ??????????????

5. speedracer241

speedracer241 Senior Member

I like them. Looking to get another set for my other truck.

Sure do save a lot of time,
    Mark K

6. DaleL

DaleL Junior Member

Thanks for the several replies and YES I am aware of the 'search' feature on message boards HOWEVER....I think it's good to re-visit some topics because fresh, current ideas may be floatin' around out there that I wouldn't be privy to if I just did a 'search'!!! So please, hold your fire! :yow!:

Son..they are ProWings