1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wings

Discussion in 'Boss Plows Discussion' started by 06dmax, Dec 8, 2010.

1. 06dmax

06dmax Member

I've been reading up some of the brands of wings on here for the boss plows but was wondering if anyone was using pro wings?

2. Indy

Indy Senior Member

I have boss wings on a 7' 6" super duty, make is 9' 2" or so and is great for moving piles or stacking.
    They are a little expensive, Easy to install and remove and I for sure would buy another set

Search for Cutting Edge and Wings in the boss section and you will see my setup.

Good Luck!
    Mike

3. 06dmax

06dmax Member

Thanks i've looked at the boss ones on-line and they seem pretty well built

4. 01PStroker

01PStroker Junior Member

i just bought a set of boss plow wings last week and put them on last weekend very easy install and love the way it looks i would buy another set any day

5. Rain Man

Rain Man Senior Member

6. ProSeasons

ProSeasons Senior Member

Sorry about all of the replys about Boss Wings. I realize you are actually asking about PRO WINGS on a Boss plow.

To answer your question, yes. I think Boss Wings for $500.00 is ridiculous, but this is only my opinion.

Way back when the Blizzard started to become popular, and we all realized a pick up truck could handle a 10 foot moldboard full of snow, I was one of the first contractors to bolt Pro Wings to an old Boss 9' 2" Power Vee.

Still run this set up today. 11 feet of blade on a diesel pick up. It is still yet to be surpassed in performance by anything on the market today designed for the FRONT of a vehicle.

I got mine for $179.99 a LONG time ago. They have made me a lot of money. I used U-Edge instead of the stupid rubber they come with. They have lasted a long while and show no signs of wearing out. I Fluid Film them all winter, and spray Rustoleum on them in the summer.

Are you getting a set? They are an excellent product. Boss Wings are pretty, but not $500.00 pretty.

I'd rather have a 7 that wanted to have some fun rather than a perfect 10 who just lays there.