1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow wings opinions AND Intensifier feedback

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by NHresident, Sep 8, 2009.

1. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

I'm looking for feed back on plow wings.I currently run a 8ft MM2 on my dually and its not wide enough.I'd rather go with the wings if they work well instead of the xtra weight of a 9ft'r not to mention buying another plow.ALSO I'm looking for feedback on the durabiliity of the intesifier head lights.Are they more likely to break than the older style THANKS

2. BigDave12768

BigDave12768 PlowSite.com Addict

The intensfier are a brighter lighter and a upgrade above the old ones. But they suck when it comes to construction. They will break alot faster than the old ones if you street plow or stay in same parking lot all storm. The back of them only has 2 screws becuase they made them so flimsy they need to flex a bit. Well after flexing for a bit they crack near the screws and you have to replace the back. I have had to replace an entire case so far. The only tip I can give you is put some Duct tape on botttom to stop flexing. But if you want better light consider adding some LED lights to it. Would be about same money and you could get a light that would stand up to abuse. The intensifiers really need some tougher plastic and 4 screws on back panel

3. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

The Intensifire lights now have three screws, and improved adhesive.

4. NHresident

NHresident Senior Member

So the newer generation has 3 back screws and u feel there stronger than the older generation intensifiers ??

5. yellowsnow09

yellowsnow09 Junior Member

I know that they are stronger

6. mcwlandscaping

mcwlandscaping 2000 Club Member

The intensifires are awesome lights. HUGE improvement in lighting over the older styled ones.

7. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I bought my XV two seasons ago. I plowed 15-20 hours per storm for the past two years, almost 40 events total. No issues. The light output is much better than the old style.

8. Bmxdkj

Bmxdkj Member

I had intensifires for all of 2 storms before they broke. Both the front lenses fell out within 20 mins of eachother. And I don't pound on my truck at all when I plow (no hitting curbs, maybe the occasional manhole cover, but other than that its all smooth) I personally think they are junk but they are 100 times brighter than the original lights fisher uses.

9. T&M SnowMan

T&M SnowMan Senior Member

My buddy has two fishers, 8ft and 9ft (both on 1 ton dumptrucks) with Intensifires and in 2 years with them he has only had one bulb go out on him, one plow is in a parking lot and residential driveways, and the other just driveways...no problems, IMO its got some to do with wether or not you beat the snot out of the truck when ya plow...I know a bunch of you are gonna say " I dont beat my truck..these lights suck..cheap, they broke"..I just bought my first set of Intensifires and I mounted them yesterday after my plow overhaul...cant wait to see more then the top of my hood...I want to see down the road!!...I do the maintenance on the company equipment and the only lights I had to mess with was the old styles, the Intensifires held up every year, every storm, every push!

10. 2COR517

2COR517 PlowSite Fanatic

I'm the first to admit I beat the snot out of my plow. The intensifiers on my XV are fine after two years of plowing. Lot's of plowing.