1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Wings on a POLY PLOW???

Discussion in 'Equipment, Tools & Vehicle Pictures' started by 04WhiteSport, Oct 20, 2009.

1. 04WhiteSport

04WhiteSport Senior Member

Anyone have pro wings on a poly plow? I just installed some on my 7.5' standard duty poly and not sure if I should reinforce where the big pin is drilled thru the mould board. I thought of putting a piece of 3" angle on it instead of useing the big bent washer and then It might work as is.... Any thoughts on this if it will work or will I be in a parking lot with a hole in my plow???

Photo0343.jpg

Photo0342.jpg

2. Eronningen

Eronningen Senior Member

I have had pro wings on a poly 7.5 meyer, 1999 since it was new. More times than not I lost th e backer plate and just ran the pin through. Never had a problem. We never use it anymore but it was fine for 7 years that way.

3. got-h2o

got-h2o 2000 Club Member

People advise against it but I have seen it quite a bit.

4. f250man

f250man PlowSite Veteran

I ran my 8' meyers the way you have it with no issues and my buddy runs them on his western poly and he did put the angle iron welded to the frame work and drilled a hole in it for the pin.

5. I put some on my Western Poly Pro last year, so far no problems, I may put a bar between the braces just for some extra re-enforcement but I love them with no problems on the poly.