1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Wings and Back Dragging/Blading

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by 2dogs2, Jan 13, 2008.

1. 2dogs2

2dogs2 Member

I'm thinking about getting some plow wings for my western. :wesport

How are they if you have to back drag / blade in front of a garage? :redbounce
  2. PolyPlowBoss

PolyPlowBoss Member

The wings for my poly-v are installed at a 15degree angle forward from the main blade. This would prevent you from getting as close as you might want. They also have a rubber cutting edge that bends backwards when backblading. So, they will not be much good for backblading, but shouldn't hinder the process.
  3. iceyman

iceyman 2000 Club Member

or you could just pop the pins and take em off when doing driveways
  4. PolyPlowBoss

PolyPlowBoss Member

This is true, and easy enough, other than having to get out in the cold. (One advantage of the Blizzard wings)
  5. wahlturfcare

wahlturfcare Senior Member

i put some epdm plactic on the bottoms instead of the crappy rubber and they back drag great, but im usually using my back drag edge to do that anyways so they are usually off the ground about 4''.
  6. Runner

Runner Senior Member

Actually, mine (rubber pads) squeegee the pavement clean when back dragging. Even with hardpack, I often find myself saying - as I look at the two clean lines on each side of the backdrag, and saying "I wish the whole BLADE EDGE cleaned like that.
  7. Dissociative

Dissociative 2000 Club Member

^^^^^^ agreed