1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow Wing ID

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by d&r, Jan 3, 2011.

1. d&r

d&r Member

I need a little help in idfentifying the plow wing that would have been on the plow. This is a 8 foot Western, Unimount, Pro plow. on the outboard edges there is 2 welded tabs with holes. See Photo. I have searched OEM and aftermarket and most have a mounting pin which is bolted to the plow. I would like to add wings to my plow but I cannot seem to find this type of mount. Can anybody ID this set up and if so does anybody have a set for sale?

DSCN8607.JPG

2. mnglocker

mnglocker Senior Member

Looks home made . I don't have those tabs on my Uni-Mount Pro Plow.

3. d&r

d&r Member

Thats what I thought too, until about a few weeks ago while sitting at a light I noticed that a plow truck in the lane next to me had the same tabs weled to the outer edged and the hole cut into the face of the plow. Unfortunatly did not get a chance to roll down my window before he got the left turn arrow. It appears to be aftermarket, unless the prior owner of my plow truck shared his Idea with others.

4. d&r

d&r Member

As far as contact the prior owner, I purchased the truck from a small ma and pa dealer, who pick it up at an estate sale. No other information was available.

5. GripTruk

GripTruk Senior Member

If you saw someone in your neighborhood with the same thing then my guess is that a local shop is/was making them in small batches for their customers, perhaps the shop that sold the plow originally. I look there first. If there's not a sticker or something on the plow that might be tough, but I'd start with the closest one and work your way out. Otherwise, get some pro wings or other wings and ignore or get rid of those brackets.

-Jer