1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow wing extensions

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by 2007Western1, Oct 27, 2009.

1. 2007Western1

2007Western1 Junior Member

Good Evening Gentlemen, I am new to posting on the site but not to the joys of snow plowing!!! I am looking for extensions for my 8' Pro Plus. As you all know, optimum $$$$ are made by moving the snow in the most efficient manner. I am a big proponent of OEM components for a plow but the Western OEM wings do not "appear" to hold as much snow as the Pro Wing extensions. I would like your input on the likes and dislike of each of the different wings or suggestions on a wing that I have not come across. Thanks in advance!!!
  2. JohnnyU

JohnnyU 2000 Club Member

When looking for wings to install on my 7.5' Pro Unimount, pro-wings were the only thing out at the time that would give me increased width as well as scoop. I bought them and was fairly happy with them. I've bent the heck out of them several times over the years before bracing them, but I've still managed to bend them to a degree.

If the OEM Western wings were available for the standard pro plows, I would have bought them as I think they are better engineered and will probably stand up better than the pro-wings.