1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow willn't go down

Discussion in 'Commercial Snow Removal' started by Clapper&Company, Mar 1, 2005.

1. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

Ok guys, I have a Myers E-60 7.5" plow. With the touch pad.

Its raised and every time I hit the Down button, the Red OVER LOAD light comes on. Any ideas?
  2. hurley

hurley Junior Member

I have a boss plow and had the same thing happen. The hand held controler took a dump. The dealer was well aware of the problem. Had mine fixed in matter of minutes.

03 Chevy 2500 HD
    Diese :yow!: l
  3. Robhollar

Robhollar Senior Member

Could be a bad ground on the or to the pump. More the likely a bad A coil though...Rob
  4. jfm3

jfm3 Junior Member

try a new black coil(the coil with the black wire going into it), i believe off hand it is the A coil. . . same thing happened to our e60 last week, new black coil, all fixed. . .let us know how it works out!
  5. SkykingHD

SkykingHD Senior Member

E 60 problem

Do you have the service manual for that unit? It should have a flow chart that will track down that problem. Go to Meyer on the web and look up that manual. Also there is a help line number for Meyer in Cleveland that if you call ask for tech support they will answer your ?s. My best guess is bad ground, cooked coil or bad controller. I would love to hear outcome.

6. Clapper&Company

Clapper&Company PlowSite Veteran
    from NE OHIO

It was the A coil, I didn't think it was, I replaced it a few weeks ago with a new one, Here the sending unit on the new A coil was bad. Got one off the self in the shop and hooked it up.

Works good guys.

Thanks for the help, it was one of those couldn't get it to work, was beat so i went to bed woke up and was like i'm a bumb @$$ why didn't I try that.
  7. mylawn03

mylawn03 Senior Member

That actually helped me, buddy of mine is having that same issue
    Last edited: Mar 2, 2005