1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will not stack snow

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by Dave502, Oct 25, 2006.

1. Dave502

Dave502 Junior Member
    from Pa.

First year with this plow bought it used had to make a mount to fit my truck (88 toyota pick up) plow has plenty of power left to right but will not lift with snow on it pump runs puts a heavy strain on the battery but will go up fast with no snow on it any help would be great. Thanks

2. flykelley

flykelley 2000 Club Member

Hi Dave
    It would help if we knew what brand of plow. I would guess that your truck doesn't have enough battery power.

Regards Mike

3. SnoFarmer

SnoFarmer PlowSite Fanatic
    from N,E. MN

When do you start to lift your plow?
    After you are into the pile?

Start to lift your plow as you approach the pile, then as you get into the pile lift it all of the way up.
    If the plow is being pushed into the pile first it has to over come the force of being pushed into the pile by your truck and lift up all of the snow in the blade too.
    Basically the plow is pined against the pile and it can't raise.

4. corkireland

corkireland Senior Member

I'm not 100 % percent sure, but you might want to check the pressure check valve on the lifting ram. If this is set too low, it would explain why it doesn't want to lift with a load on it. Your manuel should tell you how to adjust this. :salute:

5. Dave502

Dave502 Junior Member
    from Pa.

I am not sure what model it is bought it used.It almost looks like it was cut down in width to be used on a small truck I think it is around 6.5ft wide and 28in high it looks realbig on the front of my Toyota.

And for one question I think I was pushing the snow into the pile and then trying to lift the plow.
    Pump pressure I will have to check when I get the plow out of my backyard.
    Thanks for your help.