1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will not raise AND lower

Discussion in 'Western Plows Discussion' started by macawpat, Feb 7, 2009.

1. macawpat

macawpat Member

I have an Isomark III cable operated plow giving me problems. I just put a new motor and pump on a used housing.The plow will angle very well but will not move up and down. When I lift it the blade will sometimes turn right along with it going up. I have adjusted the raise and lower cable and I can get it to raise but not lower, adjust it again and it will go down but not raise. Could this be a lift valve adjustment or what. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Macawpat

2. basher

basher PlowSite Fanatic
    from 19707

Could be time for a new cable, they stretch. could also be the Platen in the controller, or your control box base.

Do you have the plastic jackets on you cables or are they in steel liners?

3. macawpat

macawpat Member

The cables are brand new in plastic covers.

4. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

pull the lift cable off and try it manually. have somebody run the stick and turn the lever with pliers.

5. macawpat

macawpat Member

Did that and it works fine. Just will not raise and lower no matter how I adjust the cable. That is to say it will raise and not lower or lower and not raise up.

6. no lead

no lead PlowSite.com Addict

sounds like you need to adjust the check valve.it is above the pa block on the rear of the unit. it has a 1/4 inch allen head in the middle with a large nut over it. you may try the lift valve if it will turn. the shuttle may be sticky also.

7. macawpat

macawpat Member

Thanks I figured it out. It turned out to be the hub nut and camshaft assembly.Like I said I purchased the entire assembly off e-bay so there is no telling how long it was sitting. Took it out to find it was not turning completely. I replaced it and adjusted the check valve. It works perfectly now but we had a temprature of fifty today so there is no snow to plow. Figuress it would go out with 18 inches on the ground that is now slush oh well. Thanks for your help.