1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will not move

Discussion in 'Fisher Engineering Discussion' started by ShoreLineCT, Dec 7, 2008.

1. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

Dodge truck, MM2 plow will not move. Filled with fluid and pump whines but does not move plow. Does anyone have an idea whats wrong? Thanks in advance.
  2. Blasco

Blasco Junior Member

Did you drain the system completely? If so, make sure you bleed the system by supporting the frame with a jack ( so the balde is in the air ) and pushing the plow side to side a bunch of times, checking the level every so often.
  3. rbergevine

rbergevine Member

I bought an old MM1 over the summer and like your plow, it did not move. A complete system drain and clean including the valves in the manifold took good care of the problem. Added nice fresh hydr. fluid and the old SEHP was working like a champ. Maybe an hour or two of work. I like to take my time. You could see the crap that came out of during the draining. Old white, watery milkey stuff. Also some manual manipulations of the cylinders and you could tell plugged up lines unplugged themselves and shot out fluid and crap. A good cleaning is always in order! Good regular maintenance will help with so much. Good luck.
  4. coldcoffee

coldcoffee Senior Member

Clean the filter as well...
  5. ShoreLineCT

ShoreLineCT Junior Member

Thanks Guys

When we bought the plow used we hot wired the plow to check to see if the pump was good. Did not connect the wire back. DUH. Plow works fine now. Only thing is the left headlight on plow will not work. Dodge truck with 4 port module. Is there a jumper I must add to the harness connection to make this work. part number 8436.