1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

plow will not move

Discussion in 'Meyer / Diamond Products Discussion' started by jeepman4u, Dec 3, 2010.

1. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

I just put my Myers plow on today. I went to hit the control to raise it, nothing. my control will light up but once i try to raise the plow it kill the lights and a light in the right hand corner. I was getting a click on the relay on the fender well until i clean the connect now nothing. any i deal.

2. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Little more info please , Pump type , control type ?

if it is a touchpad , did you connct the orange ground wire under the hood ?

TOM

3. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

E 60 and a touch pad

4. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Check the orange ground wire for starters , as well as the ground connection to the pump , if you have a 2 stud motor there needs to be a ground from terminal D1 to the sump base as well as a ground to the battery , A2 is the positive from the solenoid.

Also check the condition of the connections on the red, green, and black bullet connectors as well as the grounding of the coils.

I asume this was a working unit at one point?

TOM

5. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Hey Tom
    It work great at the end of the snow season. now this. I think i will try to replace my pump saturday with my spare and just to see if one of them relay on the pump it not wanting to work.i have never had any problem with this pump. Like i said you go to move the plow and it like put the remote in the float.

6. 8CATFISH

8CATFISH Junior Member
    from OHIO

i have the same set up and mine is doing same thing. I found out it was the ground on the pump.

7. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

thanks 8catfish i will try to clean that better saturday, i clean it maybe not good as is should be. thanks a chance of snow do in.

8. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

I put my spare pump on and it worked so i must have something froze up. any idea what could be wrong or were do you send it to get rebuilt.

thanks
    curt

9. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

Could be something as simple as a motor gone south on you , did you try to hot wire the motor and see if it runs ?

TOM

10. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

Hey Tom

how would you do that, take a battery hook up pos to pos and neg to neg and the motor should run??

11. Nasty-Z

Nasty-Z Senior Member

If it is a 2 stud motor , positive to A2 , Negative to D1 . Motor should run . You should probably loop the angle hose ports as it will try to make pressure to left angle by default. By looping the angle ports fluid can flow unobstructed .

If it is a single stud motor , negative to the sump base , positive to the motor terminal.

TOM

12. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

I was doing some check and i snap off the nut off my c valve now i got to get that one fix also.How much fluid does a e60 hold. how do you know it full.i can see down the filler hole, thanks for the help this is my back up i got of of ebay 3 years ago now i need to get up and running...thanks

curt

13. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

got back up running, who rebuild these meyer e 60. thanks

14. Bashby

Bashby Senior Member

15. jeepman4u

jeepman4u Member

thanks for the manual it will help, thanks curt