1. Welcome to PlowSite. Notice a fresh look and new features? It’s now easier to share photos and videos, find popular topics fast, and enjoy expanded user profiles. If you have any questions, click HELP at the top or bottom of any page, or send an email to help@plowsite.com. We welcome your feedback.

Dismiss Notice

Plow will not lift fully

Discussion in 'Residential Snow Removal' started by Stan-M, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Stan-M

Stan-M Junior Member
    from NH

My reservoir ran dry during the summer (must be a leaky line). I filled it up but it lifts very slowly, I have to pull the handle back several times to get it to lift. I assume that there's air in line. What's the best way to bleed the line? It's a really old Fisher system with a raise and lower ram and manual angle.

2. Stan-M

Stan-M Junior Member
    from NH

Duh

I took a half day today and actually had some light, I pulled the shaft back and low and behold, the pump stopped turning!!!!
    The belt was loose, it neve made a sign, but when I tried to lift the plow, the load made the belt slip!!!!!! A three minute fix!!!:D

3. DeereFarmer

DeereFarmer PlowSite Veteran

Good for you. I love those quick fixes.

4. Tommy10plows

Tommy10plows Senior Member

That is why I love belt drive pumps. Try to solve that problem in a snow storm with an electric motor, relays, wire looms, and a bunch of other unnecessary crud hooked up to your truck!!! Belt driven is the only way to go!